西崎崇子 - 3650 夜

Friday, May 9, 2008

Incapacitated + Liquid Diet for 3 Days = Happiness & Dropped 2 lbs…and counting…

After a few hours of excruciating pain I finally decided to pack loads’a stuff & go back home. Hometown, that is. My parents’ place where I grew up, had my sweet childhood and where my dog is at. It’s a good thing too, since I didn’t have to get my butt up and cook (mom’d do ALL that~~) & listen to that mildly sociopathic Christine whine, brag, boast, and scream just about anything that comes by.


When I reached home mom was already visualizing my would-be clinic etiquettes. Oh boy, maybe u should stay in bed for a few days, she said sympathetically (???) I could still talk with limited speech ability, plus my gum was slightly swollen, and I was taking antibiotics. So I guess I didn’t appreciate it when she treated me like a baby~


The second day…Boy oh boy, mom was probably right. My swollen right cheek was like the face of a roughed-up Sumo wrestler. I have pix of that but I wouldn’t put them up for a million yrs for Pete’s sake!!! Mom shrieked and dad was also surprised (not many things surprise him…) then I asked Christine whether this was normal, her hesitant Yeses cast some clouds of doubts but I decided to wait for another day…


The 3rd day…Thank God the swell slowly soothed. I had liquid diet these few days and was dying for something solid, preferably something savory, something rich & aromatic, something like…French toasts & coffee. But mom said no coffee :-( My liquid diet consisted much of juice, powdery organic drinks and porridge…God I miss my homemade salad so darn much…


The 4th day…Ok my swollen cheek was much better but I still looked like someone who just got creamed by some high school bully…2 word, NOT GOOD. But I’m glad that I’ve shed some lbs while I was still ‘incapacitated’ and recuperating at home. 2 lbs…and counting…haha…hAhA…HAHAHA :-) Guess I’ll have to make do when mom decides to boil porridge again~

No comments: