西崎崇子 - 3650 夜

Friday, May 9, 2008

Removal of my wisdom tooth & the horror that follows



I had a dental appointment on Monday (May 5) supposedly to remove 2 of my wisdom teeth. This is my first time to have my tooth extracted so naturally I didn’t feel quite in place. Yes, my very first toothie…at the age of 23 ½…

Removal of the wisdom teeth on our upper set of gum is considered normal extraction, the ones below is considered surgery, but the one below was giving me problems so I guess I’d be incapacitated for a few days :-(

When my name was called I felt a sting inside me, and numbness to a certain extent. I lied on the recliner (???) and an assistant gave me enough anesthetics so I couldn’t feel a thing in the next bone-crushing hour…

So I didn’t feel a thing the next hour. But the pressure and bone-cracking (my toothie…) sounds made me wanted to scream but I couldn’t :-( The dentist pulled and kneaded my facial muscles like she was making dough…Thank you Lord for inventing anesthetics…

When it was done I told them not to extract another one. I had planned to have both teeth on my right sets removed…but heck no!!! I’d pass out~

And then, voila! There it was, the little rascal (or so my mom calls it) came out and was right in front of me. I almost couldn’t believe what a tooth-in-the-flesh could bring about such world misery. I suffered a good full week of gum ache because of It. Well, one of the speculations about King Tut’s mysterious death was because of his wisdom tooth …

----- But that’s nothing compared to what I’d have to go through the next 4 days -----

The story is on my next post, of course… Meanwhile, u can check out pix of my toothie…teehee…still very ‘bloody’…

No comments: