西崎崇子 - 3650 夜

Thursday, January 1, 2009

God Will Show His Way...

Ahhhh…it's been a while,…WOW, what REAL work can do to a person :-) Hahaha…

Free & Easy has always been my way of life। Now to adjust to a more fast-paced corporate surrounding is a 180 Degrees change in virtually every part of my life. My new life, it seems, is (so far) more stimulating than my old, almost-monotonous lifestyle. Now that I've stepped up to the plate, I know there's no turning back.

The shipping industry, is seems, is vast, old, ever-expanding, and err…slow-moving. Take the Greek shipping empire for example. The Onasis family, & Paris Hilton's ex 'fiancés' (which were all conveniently shipping heirs), century-old money could just roll on for another century. Old money was hard to come by, but still bore fruits like those jerks who date 'the Hilton chain heir-head'. Century-old money is still a major GDP source for Greece, as modernization in that grandma industry is slow, so are the people's mentality. I work in a company that specializes software solutions for vessels, but the shipping trade is one of the last industries that embrace technology. Bummer!

It's still too early to tell if I'm cut out for this job, time will tell, and hopefully, God will show His way. Called a friend early last week, in her new job, she's distressed, hates almost everyone in her office & became more and more locked up in her own little world. That wasn't the girl I once knew. I now realize that if you don't like your job, there really isn't any point in staying. But hopefully, everything will work fine for me.

No comments: