西崎崇子 - 3650 夜

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmastide....

Christmas is one of the few times of the year I'd gain an extra few pounds :-) The meals, the meat, the veggies, the ice cream…YUMMY!!! But, like they say, putting on some lbs is easy, but to get rid of it is like trying to feed the whale (…???) So, I assume whale-feeding is no easy task…


X'mas morning I went to my cousin's church (which is probably the 3rd church-going session this year…) Not-bad atmosphere…and then, the first performance was so-so, with some kids trying (really) hard to act, and then 2nd one…Gosh I had no idea what it was!!! Anyway, then it was my cousin's turn. She's in the choir, performing at least 10 Carols. It was perhaps the only one that kept me awake. Wow, she can sing!!!


Christmas dinner, when we started the tradition years ago with an overstuffed and overpriced turkey, has never been the same. Perhaps for mom and my sister it's time to experiment, but for a hillbillie like me, I prefer to stay conservative. Eventually they came up with a roasted chicken with mom's secret recipe, grilled veggies, Chinese herbal soup, and some others. We overstuffed ourselves. Was 102 lbs in the morning and after just one meal, I was a healthy 106 lbs ($%*@#!*)


On the 26th, when I woke up in the morning they were already playing X'mas carols in one of the radio channels. So I took the opportunity to enjoy oldies that I never really bothered. Man, was it soothing! Elvis Presley's powerful vocals on 'Oh Come All Ye Faithful' was enough to wake the dead…yet so serene.


Never knew mom made 'Satay' better than some…with all homemade recipes, it's not just hard to replicate her recipes, it was quite impossible to even learn…Sad but true, mommy doesn't 'have' any secret recipes…she just throws in whatever she could find from the maze-like fridge. WOW…the meal on the 2nd day of X'mas was so mouth-watering I found myself begging her to make more…which I normally don't.


We left on the 4th day of Christmastide….Eh…because apparently someone needs to attend some (quoted) "not so important" function…Snap..there's still one more day left for the holidays


All I want for Christmas is a break!

No comments: