西崎崇子 - 3650 夜

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A rendezvous with Kiyosaki , Buzan & de Bono







I came across (more like ‘stumbled upon’…) some books in MPH book store, written by renowned authors like Robert Kiyosaki, Tony Buzan and Edward de Bono. Didn’t even have the time to speed-read everything, so I just flipped through the pages I find interesting.


Heard of these authors before, sure I did. The lecturers back in my college days tirelessly introduced a ‘mind-mapping’ learning method by this guy called Tony Buzan, plus it was a huge help then, so f’course I remember this ‘dude’. And Kiyosaki, on the other hand, wrote this piece called Rich Dad Poor Dad, and co-wrote a book with status-conscious womanizer Donald ‘You’re Fired’ Trump. And What’s-His-Hair fired James Sun… :-( God I love James, he’s one the smartest I’ve seen so far…


Not sure about de Bono, but God did everyone say he’s a genius! His piece on some 6-hat or 7-hat theory did grab my interest, but it only lasted a few minutes before I realized I needed to read some of his earlier piece in order to fully comprehend what he was trying to say…I remember how he boasted some of the Fortune 500 companies are putting his colorful hats theory into practice~ kinda reminds me of how sometimes The Donald boasts that his hair IS real… ouch… He fired James … %$#!#@<#*


There’s another book by this unknown (or so to me…Gosh I really *NEED* to read more…) Jeffrey Gitomer called Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude. With all those cutesy layouts and big, colorful words and some satirical cartoon strips I was almost convinced that the word No is a big No-No. My God this Gitomer guy is one all-fired-up go-getter!!! Though I’m not sure if he’s a motivational speaker or a multi-level marketer… I’m sure either way, he’ll do fine.


JAMES! JAMES!! JAMES!!! JAMES!!!! JAMES!!!!!

No comments: