西崎崇子 - 3650 夜

Friday, April 18, 2008

The TREASURE that arrived



EBay is a great place to hunt for cheap and ‘semi-authentic’ goods. Semi-authentic, you ask? Well, it was a pair plastic earrings and an authentic gem pendant. So it’s half-half…


The pair of earrings was quite a rip-off. The so-called Amber-clad earrings arrived in plastic…as plastic… :-(


The crystal pendant was such a great bargain, only US$ 1.99 for the asking price and I was the only bidder. A stone like that would’ve cost around RM 60-80 (US$ 25-30) in Malaysia. Or worse, RM 100-150 in some swanky gem outlet…


I still remember my very first item sold December last year. It was a set-of-6 audiotapes by Pope John Paul. Buyer’s an American. I promised an extra token from Ikea coz he was my first customer. The Floridian left an excellent remark…


Anyway, kudos to eBay, it made buying/selling stuff from/ to international customers so much easier than it was before :-) They charge way too much for the listings though…that’s the only drawback everytime I think of selling something online~

No comments: